Monday 22 October 2012

Suso has committed his future to Liverpool after signing a new long-term contract.

Suso has committed his future to Liverpool after signing a new long-term contract.


Suso Santana (l) is mobbed by his team mates after scoring for Hearts
The Spaniard, 18, moved to Anfield in 2010 from hometown club Cadiz and has impressed this season after being promoted to the first-team squad by Brendan Rodgers.
After signing the contract, Suso told the club's official site: "I am really happy. Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world and this is the right place for me.
"I am happy Brendan has shown trust in me. I had no questions about signing a new deal and I am really glad to have done so.

"I am comfortable here. I have played some games for the first team and I hope to continue doing that, but I need to work hard every day for that to happen. This is one of the best days of my life."
Rodgers has singled out Suso's emergence as a symbol of what the club's academy system is trying to achieve. "We are all delighted Suso has committed his long-term future to Liverpool Football Club," he said.
"At 18, he has demonstrated outstanding technical qualities but also shown very good temperament to play for such a prestigious club. His commitment is very good news for all our young Academy players and the excellent work taken place by the Academy coaches and staff."
Suso is one of a number of youthful prospects to break through into Liverpool's first-team squad this season alongside Andre Wisdom, Raheem Sterling and Jack Robinson.
Information from the Press Association was used in this report.

No comments:

Post a Comment