Sunday 24 March 2013

Daniel Sturridge has admitted he did not fulfil his ambitions at Chelsea


Daniel Sturridge has admitted he did not fulfil his ambitions at Chelsea, even though the Blues won the Champions League last season.


Daniel Sturridge has become a first-team regular at Liverpool
And the England international said he now feels at home at Liverpool and has stopped worrying about his future.
Sturridge was a regular for Chelsea during Andre Villas-Boas' reign but lost his place after Roberto Di Matteo took over and was an unused substitute in both the FA Cup and the Champions League final.
Much of his first-team football came either as a substitute or a right winger whereas he has been an automatic choice as a striker for Liverpool since his £12 million move in January.
He told the club's official website: "I had success [at Chelsea]. We won trophies and I have medals but in terms of my own individual ambitions, I didn't get to fulfil them.
"Hopefully here, now I'm at a club that believes in me with a manager who believes in me, I can give the fans something to smile about."
Sturridge explained that manager Brendan Rodgers had told him that playing for Liverpool is special.
He added: "What the manager said to me when I first joined is that words don't describe it. You have to be here and be a part of it to understand. When I joined I immediately realised what he meant.
"I don't think I could tell someone - you just have to be here and a part of it to understand the feeling. I've enjoyed every minute since I joined the club. It's been a great time here for me and I'm enjoying part of the future here.
"I get on with every player - everyone's been great. I feel like this is my home now. I don't have any worries about the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment