Monday 20 August 2012

Charlie Adam has dismissed suggestions of a move to Fulham by declaring he wants fight for his place at Liverpool.

Charlie Adam has dismissed suggestions of a move to Fulham by declaring he wants fight for his place at Liverpool.
Charlie Adam
PA PhotosCharlie Adam plans to stay at Anfield this season

Adam, 26, has been linked with Fulham as part of a possible part-exchange deal to bring striker Clint Dempsey to Anfield.
The midfielder has held talks with manager Brendan Rodgers over his future, and has been made aware that his first-team opportunities could be limited this season. He was an unused substitute on Saturday as Liverpool lost their opening Premier League game 3-0 at West Brom.

However, the Scotland international, who arrived at Anfield from Blackpool a year ago, does not want to leave.
"I have never heard anything about Fulham," Adam told the Liverpool Echo. "Nobody has spoken to me about it, so for the moment it is paper talk and at the moment I am not going anywhere.
"I am happy at Liverpool. Why would I leave after a year? There is no point. I am open enough to say I have had a conversation with the manager but for me I'm not going anywhere.
"I am playing with some of the best players in the world, I have a good coach, a good manager, and I am learning every day from what he is doing. I want to play this year and hopefully I get the opportunity to do that.
"For us at Liverpool it is a big season. We have got Europa League football and we want to improve on what we did last year in the league."

No comments:

Post a Comment