Thursday 23 August 2012

Manchester United and Liverpool are interested in signing Mexico's Olympic gold medal winner Hector Herrera, according to his club.

Manchester United and Liverpool are interested in signing Mexico's Olympic gold medal winner Hector Herrera, according to his club.

The 22-year-old Pachuca midfielder is rated at £10 million after helping Mexico defeat Brazil to win the Olympic football tournament.

Pachuca sporting director Andres Fassi said United had approached him about Herrera, who is not yet a full international, but added that he hoped to keep the playmaker.


"There is an official interest," he explained. "We have the document, but there's nothing else to add at this time. We want him to continue in Pachuca. We know he's going to emigrate to England, though. Manchester United and Liverpool have talked to us.


"At whatever moment he wants, he can leave Pachuca and the club will give him the opportunity to do so."

Herrera told Raza Deportiva: "The truth is that so far I know nothing about what is happening, I am not aware. From what I've heard there has been some news, but I have had no approach from the Pachuca club president or the people from Manchester.

"If given the opportunity to emigrate to European football, of course I'd go but I have wait to see what the club officials say. I did not expect it so soon, I did not expect these big clubs to be tracking me after such a short time, but this is the result of the sacrifices I have made.

"There wasn't any approach or any talks and I haven't had the pleasure of getting to know Chicharito [Javier Hernandez, the United forward]."

No comments:

Post a Comment